Wednesday, June 3, 2009

evening art



The weather here has been well -- typically Idaho spring weather. That is: if you don't like it, wait 15 minutes and it will change. Here's a picture I took at Dame Sew-N-Sews house --the center of Karmalot: Fresh Country Hair!



Over the last several evenings, storm clouds have built up and resulted in beautiful, sometimes powerful storms. I know it causes havoc for farmers trying to get crops in -- and gardeners like me already behind on getting the gardens in -- but I love they sculptures hidden in the clouds and the smell of our high desert sage after a rain.



The frogs have come out of hiding and the sing us to sleep each night.



Earlier tonight I stood in my backyard and counted my blessings. I have a beautiful home and great children who warm my heart. The sunset was spectacular and the breeze felt great on my cheeks. My husband, one of our friends and three teenage boys were out in the Enchanted Forest thinning trees so the forest will grow healthier. It was absolutely the perfect setting for counting my blessings.
Also, I'm counting the eggs in my basket -- a lovely dozen Dame Spikesherhair and I picked up in my coop the other day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting at Karmalotandthedames. In order to ensure only positive and constructive comments are posted to our family friendly site, we moderate all comments. Your thoughts will appear as soon as one of us has a chance to read through them! We appreciate your understanding.